Almond Flour Linzer Cookies



The richness of almond flour has me always looking for excuses to use it. I'm a fan of la richesse... at least in taste, at least in sense. Two of these cookies are almost too much. I've resigned myself to eating but one at a time, what a change, and savoring each little bite. Because, let me tell you, it turns out the blueberry jam and almond cookies are just about the two most delicious things you can combine. It's good for the same reasons that peanut butter and strawberry jelly (never grape; I'm sorry) is good really, but the contrast of textures here... c'est top bon.

I also needed an excuse to break out these adorable cookie cutters. There was a fish, a duck, some pigs, a fox, a rabbit and what I think is a donkey but cannot be sure. See rabbit below.



 Almond Flour Linzer Cookies

1 1/2 cup almond flour
1 egg
1 tablespoon butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Blueberry jam for filling

Preheat oven to 325º. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. I found that using my hands to "knead" the cookie dough was the most efficient way to combine the ingredients completely. Form the dough into a ball and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Press the ball flat and sprinkle some more almond flour on top. Place another piece of parchment paper over the dough and roll dough to about a 2 centimeter thickness. 

Cut out 20 round discs with a cookie cutter. Place 10, or half (whatever your count my be) on a cookie sheet. Using a smaller cutter (bitty hearts? woodland creatures? stars?) cut the centers from the discs left behind, then place these on the cookie sheet as well. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely before attempting to remove from the sheet. Spoon approximately 1/2 tablespoon on each cookie acting as bottom, then complete by setting the decorative peer on top. 
 






 Jam on.



Comments

Popular Posts